OK.. my MySQL NDB Cluster is up… now what?
I’ve been working on how to deploy our cluster for the past 2 days already. It’s nice to see that it’s running now given that I’ve been reading the MySQL manual for 2 days now…
I’ll create a detailed post on how I did it when I have more time.
Here are my preliminary notes so far:
- only 2 files are needed, MySQL-Cluster-client-gpl-7.2.5-1.el6.x86_64.rpm & MySQL-Cluster-server-gpl-7.2.5-1.el6.x86_64.rpm
--forceis required to install the server package in CentOS 6.2
- make sure that IPs are static and firewalls are setup
- total ndb nodes must be multiples of NoOfReplicas (1 or 2)
- if mgm > 1, all mgms must be up first before you can issue commands (use –nowait-nodes to override)
- for ndb nodes, ensure that the DataDir exists
I’m just savoring the fruits of my labor… for this is only the beginning… *sigh*